This post may contain affiliate links which means that, if you choose to make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you.
Everyone loves freshly baked biscuits as an evening snack. But it’s not possible to bake fresh biscuits and cookies every evening, as it requires time and a lot of work. Thus, we often store baked biscuits. However, these biscuits do not taste fresh and become stale if not stored properly. So, can you reheat biscuits in an air fryer?
You can reheat leftover biscuits or frozen biscuits in an air fryer. It can restore the freshness of the biscuits in just a few minutes. However, you have to reheat at an ideal temperature so that the biscuits do not get too dry.
In this article, I will tell you how to reheat biscuits in an air fryer without drying them too much. You may have a microwave or oven at home as well. But air fryers can be a better choice than them.
Why Should You Use An Air Fryer To Reheat Biscuits?
Air fryers are excellent for reheating leftovers or frozen foods. It uses hot air circulation to heat the food. The heat moves around, up-down, and all over the food, ensuring even cooking or heating of any food. Thus, it is also suitable for reheating leftover biscuits.
There are a few reasons why I prefer an air fryer over any other cooking device at home.
Reheating biscuits in an air fryer does not take much time. It takes only 3 to 4 minutes to reheat leftover biscuits in air fryers. If you reheat frozen biscuits, it can take anywhere from 5 to 6 minutes. You can also reheat biscuits in the microwave for a few minutes, but the heat from the microwave tends to make the biscuits dry. Ovens are best for reheating biscuits. Then again, it takes more time.
So, whenever I have to reheat some biscuits in a short time, I always use my air fryer. The biscuits become fresh and a lot tastier after reheating in the air fryer. At first, the biscuits used to get too dry. Eventually, I solved the problem.
When you are reheating biscuits, you have to apply some butter on both sides of them. It will not let the biscuits get dry. Besides, you have to set the ideal temperature and timing to reheat the biscuits.
Reheating biscuits and cookies is quite easy using an air fryer. You just have to take the biscuits out of the jar or packet and put them in the air fryer basket. Reheat them for a few minutes, and you will have warm biscuits for snacks.
How To Reheat Biscuits In An Air Fryer?
If you have leftover biscuits and want to reheat them in a short time, use an air fryer. Air fryers have a similar reheating technique to an oven. Besides, you will get the biscuits reheated much faster.
If you are reheating leftover biscuits stored in a jar, here is how you can reheat them in an air fryer:
- First, preheat your air fryer to 320 to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then, get the jar of the biscuits and take out the biscuits you want to reheat. Air fryers do not have much space like microwaves or typical ovens. So, you can reheat a limited number of biscuits at a time.
- You do not want your biscuits to get dry. Therefore, apply some melted butter on both sides of the biscuits with a brush before reheating.
- Then place them in the air fryer basket. The biscuits may not evenly warm up if you place them on top of each other. Make sure the biscuits do not touch each other. It will help the hot air of the fryer to circulate in and around the biscuits.
- After placing the biscuits, heat them for 2 minutes.
- Then turn off the air fryer and take out the basket to check the temperature of the biscuits.
- If you find the biscuits heated enough, you can put them back in the oven. Flip over all the biscuits to reheat them evenly.
- After heating for another one or two minutes, get your biscuits out of the fryer.
Following these steps, I have found my leftover biscuits crispy and fluffy. They even tasted like freshly baked biscuits from the oven.
What Are The Alternative Ways To Reheat Biscuits?
Don’t you have an air fryer? Then, you can try other ways to reheat biscuits, like a traditional oven or microwave. Some people also use their stoves to reheat biscuits.
How To Reheat Biscuits In Oven
If you have a considerable amount of biscuits to reheat and have the time, you should definitely use an oven. Many people agree that biscuits get most of their flavor and texture back when reheated in an oven. So, whether you want to reheat frozen biscuits or leftover biscuits, using an oven is the best way to do it.
I have used the oven to reheat frozen packaged or canned biscuits during holidays for my guests. The biscuits turned out really nice like freshly baked ones.
Here is how you can reheat leftover biscuits stored in a jar at room temperature or biscuits stored in the refrigerator:
- First, you have to preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now place parchment on the baking sheet.
- Get the leftover biscuits and brush a small amount of melted butter on both sides of the biscuits.
- Arrange the biscuits on the baking sheet on a single layer. The biscuits should not overlap each other.
- Place the biscuits in the oven and heat them for 5 to 7 minutes. You can remove the biscuits after 3 or 4 minutes to check if they are getting enough heat. Then turn them over and put them back in the oven.
- Serve tasty fluffy biscuits right away!
If you want to reheat biscuits straight from the freezer, here is what you need to do:
- To reheat frozen biscuits, you have to preheat your oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Then take out the frozen biscuits and glaze them with butter.
- After that, wrap the biscuits with foil paper.
- Heat them in the oven for 10 minutes. Then turn them over and heat for another 5 minutes.
- You should have warm biscuits after heating for 15 minutes. If they are not heated to your liking, put them back for another few minutes.
When you are putting frozen biscuits straight from the freezer, the texture and taste of the biscuits will change a bit. The color of the biscuits will also turn a bit darker.
How To Reheat Leftover Biscuits In A Microwave
If you have neither an oven nor an air fryer, you can use your microwave to reheat the leftover biscuits. The biscuits will heat up super fast in a microwave oven. They often get unevenly heated. Also, they can become a bit drier than you prefer. But you can use damp paper towels to keep them from losing too much moisture.
Follow these steps to reheat biscuits in a microwave:
- Get clean damp paper towels. It should not be dripping wet.
- Now wrap the biscuits with damp paper towels.
- Then place biscuits in a microwave-proof container or plate.
- Now heat the biscuits on medium to high temperature for 20 to 30 seconds.
- If they are not warm enough, reheat them for another 10 seconds.